CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Everyone needs a friend


Hawkeye has become one of the family.   He likes to cuddle which is nice for all of us.  It was intresting, when the kids were sick he would lay right by them and watch out for them.   We do have a few issues but the good outweighs the bad and we are glad we have him.   
         We have a neighbor with 2 labs.  The younger lab and hawkeye will stand on each side of the chainlink fence and play.  They are so funny to watch.  If I see the lab out there I tell Hawkeye his friend is out and wants to know if he can play. 
         Have any of you seen the movie UP.  It is so cute!!   Hawkeye is like the dogs on that movie.  If he sees a squirrel, his total attention is on the squirrel and trying to catch it.  Yesterday, he saw one climb down the tree and he was standing oh so still and then bang, off he went.  And he can run really really fast.  He ran after the squirrel and ran into a branch of a bush.  His front stopped but not his back.  It was funny.......   
          The squirrels loved our pumpkins.  We grew some in our garden.  We grew some tiny ones.  We stacked them and some big ones in the front yard in a nice display.  The little ones were disappearing.  Don thought maybe the squirrels.  I thought okay but those are kinda big for a squirrel.  Then I saw one through my kitchen window.  The squirrel grabbed one and took off.  I was so amazed.  I guess we have done our part in helping our squirrels survive the winter.  After the small ones were gone they started in on the big ones.  We ended up putting the eaten ones in the backyard.  Stephen put them by the bathroom window that doesnt have a screen.  Then he would leave the window part way open and watch the squirrels while he held hawkeye.  Then he would let hawkeye go so he could get the squirrel.  Hawkeye never got one thank goodness, but i guess came close.  It didnt take the squirrels very long to figure it out. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment